MODULE 1: COURSE INTRODUCTION
- Students will be guided in connecting to our VMs and will learn what to expect in the training class.
MODULE 2: INSTALLATION AND CONFIGURATION
- Analyze DI is already installed for training. Students will learn how to obtain installation files for Analyze DI and properly set up the system for first use.
MODULE 3: CASE CREATION AND MANAGEMENT
- Students will learn about how to create a case and import various types of evidence into the case. Students will understand how to optimize evidence importing to increase efficiency.
MODULE 4: CASE PROCESSING
- Students will discover how Analyze DI uses hashing technologies to group files and match them against databases of known file signatures and intelligence, decreasing work redundancy. Students will understand what EXIF data is, how Analyze DI parses it, and how to use EXIF to their advantage. Video processing is also explained.
MODULE 5: THE ANALYZE DI INTERFACE
- Students will become familiar with the Analyze DI user interface and how to navigate through the software.
MODULE 6: CATEGORIZATION TECHNIQUES
- Categorization or grading is the procedure where the user manually assigns a category to a file based on the nature of the file’s content. Students will learn how to review and categorize files with some helpful categorization techniques.
MODULE 7: APPLYING INTELLIGENCE
- Analyze DI can add several types of intelligence to data files to maximize analysis and organization of the files. Students will learn how to apply the different types of intelligence in the software.
MODULE 8: FILTERS AND SORTING
- Analyze DI has a comprehensive set of filters to get to relevant information quickly. Students will understand how to use Quick Filters and other filtering methods.
MODULE 9: LEVERAGING EXIF DATA
- Students will discover how to work with the parsed EXIF data from their evidence, including how to easily map files with embedded GPS and how to show embedded EXIF thumbnails that do not match their associated files.
MODULE 10: VIDEOS AND DOCUMENTS
- Students will understand how Analyze DI processes and handles video files, reducing a user’s time to analyze these files. Students will also learn about how document files are handled and what evidential data may exist within documents.
MODULE 11: SEARCHING
- Students will discover how to use the powerful searching ability of Analyze DI, including text searches, visual searches, and using external data such as crime scene photos to locate relevant files within cases.
MODULE 12: FACE DETECTION AND RECOGNITION
- Students will understand face detection and recognition technology and the ways to use it within Analyze DI and from external sources to find faces of persons of interests.
MODULE 13: THE GRIFFEYE BRAIN
- Students will learn about the Griffeye Brain, a powerful Artificial Intelligence built into Analyze DI and how to use it to flag material early in the investigation that is likely to depict the child sexual abuse (CSA), identify first-generation CSA material quickly, and search for specific objects within your case media files.
MODULE 14: CAMERA FORENSICS
- CameraForensics is a powerful resource that allows investigators to connect files in their case with an online database of images uploaded to the Internet.
MODULE 15: LACE CARVER INTEGRATION
- Lace Carver extends the functionality of Analyze DI by adding the capabilities of carving for deleted files and the extraction of imagery embedded in documents. Students will become familiar with how to process evidence using the Lace Carver and see the value in recovering deleted files.
MODULE 16: ADDITIONAL APPS
- Analyze DI has additional features that can take your workflow to the next level, including Annotations and Social Media Identifier.
MODULE 17: WORKFLOW CHECKLIST
- Students will learn about the built-in CSA Workflow Checklist to guide, track, and organize their case flow to ensure a thorough victim-focused examination.
MODULE 18: EXPORTING DATA
- Analyze DI allows the exporting of files and data for use in a collaborative effort, such as Project VIC, NCMEC CVIP, or CAID. Students will discover how to export files and data out of Analyze DI for use in other tools.
MODULE 19: REPORTING
- Analyze DI has a powerful reporting engine for creating reports in several formats. Students will learn how to generate various reports using Analyze DI.
MODULE 20: UPDATING INTELLIGENCE
- The Griffeye Intelligence Database (GID) can store your case intelligence to a database for use in future cases, further decreasing work redundancy. Students will become familiar with saving and updating their case intelligence.
MODULE 21: CONNECTING TO STANDALONE GIDS
- Students will learn how to connect to Standalone GIDs to collaborate with other users through a centralized intelligence source, further increasing their efficiency and elimination of known material upfront. Both unsecured GIDs and those secured by the Griffeye User Management interface will be covered.
MODULE 22: CONCLUSION
- Students will discover the additional educational resources and support available from Griffeye to equip them with more skills to carry out the important work they do at their agencies.